Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Are Myspace's day numbered?

Re:Are Myspace's day numbered? 4 years 2 months ago #1087

• stav
  • Platinum Boarder
fads and fashions come and go, leaving behind what are now considered just ordinary net tools.

The idea of something like second life just a few short years ago was viewed by most as weird's-ville geek stuff... now nobody even blinks at the idea of virtual meetings with IBM, or virtual shops where you can buy virtual designer clothes and furniture for your virtual life...
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Lorenz Lammens.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Are Myspace's day numbered? 4 years 2 months ago #1106

• 3plus3
  • Fresh Boarder
I rarely ever use Myspace anymore. I gravitated more towards Facebook, however Facebook is constantly changing their layout, which is very aggravating. It seems just when you are used to it, they change it on you.

Re:Are Myspace's day numbered? 4 years 1 month ago #1109

That's true, but some sites just naturally fade away (as opposed to being hacked or attacked by a virus).

Re:Are Myspace's day numbered? 3 years 6 months ago #3614

<strong>Lorenz wrote:</strong>
For musicians, MySpace is unrivaled for now. You couldn't promote yourself as well on Facebook.

The trick for social networks is to find an audience and then give them the tools to thrive. MySpace and Facebook are both in the process of consolidating their own audience.

Until something new comes along, of course.

Wow, Lorenz. I hadn't thought about MySpace as a place where musicians can better promote their music, but you're right. They absolutely could not do that as weel on Facebook!

Re:Are Myspace's day numbered? 3 years 6 months ago #3661

• Taggart
  • Platinum Boarder
I think I first paid attention to MySpace because of the possibilities to market music, but I didn't actually try it.

My impression is that there's more of a hard sell there than at MySpace for marketing from friends, but of course that depends on the crowd you hang with.

Re: Are Myspace's day numbered? 3 years 2 months ago #3909

• cris09
  • Junior Boarder
I just registered to Myspace, as I heard they allow you to display banners on your profile. Hope I use it for a long time to come.