Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Are Myspace's day numbered?

Re:Are Myspace's day numbered? 4 years 4 months ago #235

• Lorenz Lammens
  • Hi all, I work here at Online Design Bureau.
  • Thank you received: 3
The article is from June 16 this year.
Always here when you need me. I am the forum administrator and a web designer for Clear Goal Media.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Are Myspace's day numbered? 4 years 3 months ago #423

• Redsky99
  • Junior Boarder
Lorenz wrote:
Until something new comes along, of course.

Agreed. I like the way you think. Things will go great until something new and better pops up again!

Re:Are Myspace's day numbered? 4 years 3 months ago #451

• Taggart
  • Platinum Boarder
My experience on Facebook is fairly social, with work colleagues, friends and some relatives just sort of chatting. So when another friend puts up an announcement about his business in all capital letters, it really comes off as kind of abrupt, I think.

This is probably just because of my particular group of Facebook friends... Or do you think there's less specific networking on Facebook than MySpace?

Re:Are Myspace's day numbered? 4 years 3 months ago #456

• Lorenz Lammens
  • Hi all, I work here at Online Design Bureau.
  • Thank you received: 3
If you want to do business networking on Facebook, it is best to create a separate account and hook up with people just for business reasons. Keep your social and business accounts separated, as you might otherwise alienate your audience.

And as per previous posts, Facebook and MySpace have different audiences. Depending on your business model, you might thrive better on MySpace (e.g. for music or gaming related businesses) or Facebook (e.g. journalists or bloggers). Then there is also Twitter, YouTube or even Orkut (if you want to make a dent in Brazil and India for instance).
Always here when you need me. I am the forum administrator and a web designer for Clear Goal Media.

Re:Are Myspace's day numbered? 4 years 3 months ago #481

• Taggart
  • Platinum Boarder
Lorenz wrote:
Keep your social and business accounts separated, as you might otherwise alienate your audience.

I know what you mean. Part of the reason I have a Facebook presence is to "stay in the loop" with some work-related acquaintances that can be very helpful to me in a work situation.

But I don't socialize with them outside of the workplace, so I avoid the temptation to message them regarding work opportunities. In my case aside from my online pursuits, I'm self-employed and I really don't have a business presence to approach them as, other than myself. I'm sure not all my colleagues keep this "professional distance" if that term applies.

Re:Are Myspace's day numbered? 4 years 2 months ago #991

• Sirius
  • Senior Boarder
Here's an interesting take on the whole myspace/facebook situation.

www.inquisitr.com/27998/myspace-now-a-digital-ghetto/
At a keynote speech during New York’s Democracy forum at Lincoln Center, Danah Boyd spoke of the racial disparity and possible reasons for mass abandonment of MySpace for the “more cultured” and “less cheesy” social networking site
Facebook.

Essentially she broke it down racially. I'm not sure I agree or disagree on this topic, but either way, it's an interesting read.