Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My Attempt at Viral Marketing

Re:My Attempt at Viral Marketing 4 years 4 months ago #1278

• stav
  • Platinum Boarder
i can vouch for that too.. For instance whenever Johnatan Ross uses a movie clip or photo during his show, the production company will get approval from the owner of the clip/photo, well in advance, and pay the fee.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:My Attempt at Viral Marketing 4 years 4 months ago #1284

• Taggart
  • Platinum Boarder
Lorenz wrote:
Having worked with production companies and having a client who worked with the BBC, I can confirm that these companies do pay for the footage, even beyond the "fair use" laws.

However, many production companies do appreciate the power of viral marketing and won't touch the little guy. But that's not all of them...

That's interesting. I guess it would pay to know the practices of who you're playing with in these cases.

I guess in some cases, there would be a backlash of negative publicity if a large company went after an underdog. But if I were to put something out there, I'd like to be clear on what the consequences may be. ;)

Re:My Attempt at Viral Marketing 4 years 4 months ago #1292

• Lorenz Lammens
  • Hi all, I work here at Online Design Bureau.
  • Thank you received: 3
The consequences could be very bad. If you get sued, you have no recourse. Guilty as charged. So while you can get away with it for a long time, you only need to get caught once to get in real trouble.
Always here when you need me. I am the forum administrator and a web designer for Clear Goal Media.

Re:My Attempt at Viral Marketing 4 years 2 months ago #1848

That's great. Very funny. Have you gotten very many views on this video yet or have you had it on YouTube very long?