Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Should I use telephone numbers on my landing pages?

Should I use telephone numbers on my landing pages? 4 years 6 months ago #1530

Is this a good idea. What do you think?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Should I use telephone numbers on my landing pages? 4 years 6 months ago #1531

• Lorenz Lammens
  • Hi all, I work here at Online Design Bureau.
  • Thank you received: 3
I’d say, that’s pretty good practice, unless you are hiding from debtors ;-) or you don’t have the staff to man the phones (timezones get the better of me…)

The information on your landing page might not always be enough to convince the visitors to respond to your call to action, but it might be enough to convince them to spontaneously get in touch.

In an ideal world you would have a different extension number for each landing page, so you can easily track which page is more successful at getting your visitors to give you a call.

I would further recommend a toll free number, as they add professionalism to your site, and / or adding a Skype button and chat box to your page as alternative means of communication. Make sure you have the time and resources to put somebody on the other end, and that these features clearly describe ‘opening hours’ or the times that the phone lines will be manned.
Always here when you need me. I am the forum administrator and a web designer for Clear Goal Media.

Re:Should I use telephone numbers on my landing pages? 4 years 6 months ago #1547

• Taggart
  • Platinum Boarder
Hopefully you don't mind a basic newbie question here... I don't think I've heard the term "landing page" before. Is that basically a home page? :blush:

Re:Should I use telephone numbers on my landing pages? 4 years 6 months ago #1549

• Lorenz Lammens
What is a landing page?

Imagine somebody clicks on an advert. The page they land on is the landing page, sometimes known as a lead capture page.

Because you know somebody clicked on an ad or an a search result before landing on that page, you want to make sure the page is a logical extension of the previous link.
Always here when you need me. I am the forum administrator and a web designer for Clear Goal Media.

Re:Should I use telephone numbers on my landing pages? 4 years 6 months ago #1551

• atula
  • Platinum Boarder
I think it is a very good idea actually to have a phone number or atleast some source of contacting on the landing page...it gives immense proffesional outlook to the site.

Re:Should I use telephone numbers on my landing pages? 4 years 6 months ago #1555

• Lorenz Lammens
And adding your phone number will up the conversion from visitors to customers. For some reason, there is a very large part of the population that simply prefers to contact you by no other means than telephone.