Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hardware-Specific Apps

Hardware-Specific Apps 4 years 10 months ago #528

• Taggart
  • Platinum Boarder
I haven't priced the cost of getting iPhone apps for sites, but I'm starting to see more of them. I'm not familiar with how they work.

Would you say that's something that would make more financial sense for a site that's already up and running?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Hardware-Specific Apps 4 years 10 months ago #559

• Lorenz Lammens
  • Hi all, I work here at Online Design Bureau.
  • Thank you received: 3
An Iphone app is just another touch point for people interested in your content, products or services to connect.

In principle you want as many touch points as possible, to maximize how people can find you and connect with you. Popular touch points are: telephone, websites, facebook fan pages, myspace pages, YouTube channels, etc.

In deciding if you want to add an iPhone app to that list, you need to examine the cost / benefit of such an exercise: how many people do you think will use the app? How much money will that generate? How much will it cost building the app in terms of money and the time you have to spend coming up with it and maintaining the app?

If you find that the return on your investment is greater than the cost, and that there is no other way to make more money at this point, then investing in an iPhone app is a great idea.
Always here when you need me. I am the forum administrator and a web designer for Clear Goal Media.

Re:Hardware-Specific Apps 4 years 10 months ago #564

• stav
  • Platinum Boarder
You'd have to look at the website you want to set the app onto as well. If it's a forum for childcare or homecrafting, or fly fishing, you may not get enough interest from the regular membership to make it worth while.. It's very much a boy toy..
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Re:Hardware-Specific Apps 4 years 10 months ago #568

• Orrymain
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm going to agree with what the others have said here. If you can do an inexpensive app that you think will draw folks to your site, go for it, but do watch that bottom dollar.

Re:Hardware-Specific Apps 4 years 10 months ago #571

• Taggart
  • Platinum Boarder
I suppose it makes a lot of sense for products that can be used on the iPhone itself, such as music, videos, games, etc.

Personally I'm not at the stage of even considering that, and I have no idea what it would cost.

Re:Hardware-Specific Apps 4 years 10 months ago #575

• stav
  • Platinum Boarder
probably something to look at further down the line as an enhancement to an already up and running established site Taggart.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
  • Page: