Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hardware-Specific Apps

Re:Hardware-Specific Apps 4 years 9 months ago #589

• Taggart
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree, stav. And who knows? A new product like the Google phone, if it was popular enough could conceivably change a lot of minds in the meantime about which hardware to cater to with software.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Hardware-Specific Apps 4 years 9 months ago #614

• stav
  • Platinum Boarder
Everyone is jumping on the iphone bandwagon, and many new versions are being brought out by rival companies. It may happen that there will soon be an 'industry standard' type of app that will work on all the different kinds of smart phones.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Lorenz Lammens.

Re:Hardware-Specific Apps 4 years 9 months ago #662

• Taggart
  • Platinum Boarder
stav wrote:
It may happen that there will soon be an 'industry standard' type of app that will work on all the different kinds of smart phones.

I would expect that to happen too. I like the idea of many of the iPhone apps but I think I feel more drawn to the Blackberry, because of its "real" keyboard.

Re:Hardware-Specific Apps 4 years 9 months ago #666

• stav
  • Platinum Boarder
I was looking at investing in an iPhone cos I love gadgets me, but then my office decided I had to have a blackberry, (i've been avoiding it for years) so now I have one of those instead, and i really can't justify having two of the things..

Must say I am really enjoying using the blackberry..
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by stav.

Re:Hardware-Specific Apps 4 years 9 months ago #751

• Taggart
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Stav! I just got a BlackBerry Curve 8900 a few days ago.

As much as I like the iPhone apps, I've just seen too many weather anchors on TV pushing images around on screens with their fingers! :S

I think I'll be happier with the physical keyboard of the BlackBerry.

Re:Hardware-Specific Apps 4 years 9 months ago #763

• stav
  • Platinum Boarder
Taggart that is exactly the model I have! Great minds think alike and all that!

I've not played with all the toys yet, but I did find it has a pretty decent camera, when I went to Malta a couple of months ago, and found that I had packed digital camera, spare battery, recharger, usb cable to download to my laptop, but had totally forgotten the memory card (still attached to my card reader from the last trip)

It takes great daylight photos, but is not all that good indoors at night. Good enough for casual and impromptu snaps though.

I find the keyboard very easy to use, contact lists easy to set up, and works just as well as a phone.. i LOVE the GPS tracking thingy, that overlays google maps to help me find directions. I pop up as a little red dot on a map that i can follow to find places. Dead cool!
  • Page: