Web Design Case Study: Hilton North America
Understanding the customer and delivering value.
The last thing a loyal customer deserves is an excuse. Amid the myriad loyalty programs in the hospitality industry, caveats are as common as consumer cynicism. That provided an opportunity for Hilton Hotels Corp.
Offers in the hotel industry have been "a smoke-and-mirrors game," says Adam Burke, senior VP-customer loyalty at Hilton.
Marketing Support Included
- In depth research in the customer decision cycle.
- Attribute mapping for each step in the decision cycle, assessing 'Exciters', 'Enragers' and 'Emotional Neutral' components of the Hilton offerings.
- Using our findings to conduct a thorough analysis of the messaging strategy.
- In depth research of the target group profiles to assess the language that could engage and enthuse the customer.
- Redesign of the e-mail strategy to support a targeted e-mail campaign.
- An in-depth overhaul of supporting web site pages to compliment the print and outdoor ads as part of its campaigns.
The plan has paid off. The Hilton loyalty program watched redemptions jump 35% in February, the month following the effort's debut, compared with the same period in 2007. For the year to date, redemptions have grown 18%.